Department of Biomedical Technologies and Environmental Protection
The main activity profile of the Department of Biomedical Technologies and Environmental Protection includes environmental protection and improvement of its condition. An important aspect of this Department subject scope is also the modification of textiles to impart new functions and performance parameters as well as the use of material technologies in the circular economy.
Research, development and implementation works are carried out in the field of:
- know-how – wastewater treatment and recirculation
- sustainable management of textile waste (circular economy approach)
- renewable energy sources, including flexible photovoltaic cells
- modification of textile materials using bio- and nanotechnology processes
- functionalization of fiber-polymer materials using, i.e. hybrid modifiers (melt-blow technique, coating and dip-coating methods)
- synthesis of new modifiers (including substances with hydrophobic and superhydrophobic, flame retardant or electrically conductive properties)
We organize trainings, carry out expert opinions and provide consulting services in the field of environmental engineering and product modification.