The Laboratory is accredited by the Polish Centre for Accreditation – Certificate no. AB 164, based on the requirements of PN-EN ISO / IEC 17025 in the field of mechanical testing and physical properties of textiles (83 methods) and accredited by the Ministry of National Defence in the field of defence and security (OiB) – Certificate no. 45 /MON /2021 (53 methods).
The basic activity of the Laboratory covers tests, according to national and international standards and own testing procedures:
- raw materials, threads,
- flat textile products, including those coated with rubber and plastics,
- geotextiles, geosynthetics,
- textile laminates,
- touch and close fasteners,
- hosiery and clothing products,
- protective and work clothing,
- textile floor coverings,
- toys and textile products intended for the manufacture of toys.
The Laboratory is the only one in the country that performs tests of textile floor coverings and textile floor tiles using Vettermann drum, Tretrad and a chair on rollers for the classification of textile floor coverings (range of use and comfort class) according to PN-EN 1307.
The Laboratory performs toy safety tests according to PN-EN 71-1 in the field of mechanical properties (tensile test).