The Laboratory is accredited by the Polish Centre for Accreditation – Certification no. 1401 based on the requirements of PN-EN ISO / IEC 17025 in the field of chemical tests and physical properties of textiles (29 methods).
The Laboratory is accredited by the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) – Third Party Testing Laboratory – CPSC accreditation no. 1675 for the determination of total lead content.
The Laboratory offers textiles ecology testing for the needs of: certification of textile products, research and implementation works, consultancy and expertise, assessment of textile products, including floor coverings and home furnishings.
The laboratory carries out the following tests for textiles, toys and accompanying accessories:
test methods included in the accreditation scope:
- determination of the pH of aqueous extracts
- determination of formaldehyde content – free and hydrolysed by water extraction
- determination of heavy metals (arsenic, mercury, lead, cadmium ) – total content
- determination of heavy metals – extraction with acidic artificial perspiration solution
- testing the migration of certain elements (toy safety)
- determination of pentachlorophenol
- determination of certain aromatic amines derived from azo colorants
- determination of dimethyl fumarate (DMFu)
- determination of phthalates
- determination of organic tin compounds
- determination of the content of solvent residues (formamide, dimethylformamide -DMF, 1-methyl-2-pyrrolidone -NMP, dimethylacetamide -DMAc)
assessment of textiles performance:
- testing of colour fastness of textiles to: organic solvents, acid and alkaline perspiration, saliva and perspiration, water, washing, dry cleaning, dry heat , pressing, rubbing (wet, dry, organic solvents), shampooing
- oil repellence
Laboratory carries out also tests out of the accreditation scope and has the ability to set up new methods on clients’ request.
This Laboratory, as the only one in Poland, performs tests as part of the certification process for the STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX®.
The laboratory is equipped with, among others in: GC-MS / MS, ICP-MS and LC-MS / MS.
The purchase of GC-MS / MS was subsidized by the Minister of Science and Higher Education on the basis of decision 6849 / IA / SN / 2018 on granting a specific subsidy for the purchase of research equipment constituting a large or strategic research infrastructure:
“Purchase of research equipment for chromatographic analysis instrumental bioactive and dangerous heteroorganic compounds. ” ICP-MS and LC- MS / MS – the purchase was made thanks to the co-financing by the European Union from the European Regional Development Fund and the state budget – project number WND-RPLD.03.01.00-00-002 / 13: “Development of research and development infrastructure of the Institute of Textiles for research into the safety of textile use. “